$60/hour for Relxation Massage $85/hour Theraputic massage
I offer discounts for referrals and loyalty only.
HOT STONE SWEDISH OR DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
This is what most people think of when we say, “massage”, only with hot stones. This is a general relaxing yet therapeutic massage, but not specific to any injury or specific problem. Usually a full-body massage unless otherwise requested. My 1-hour massage is basically a sweep of the body with the hot stones. The 1½-hour version includes foot reflexology and more specific bodywork or orthopedic work.
The hot stones are used to sedate and dilate the blood vessels. They help to take the body into a deeper state of relaxation as well as melt away the tension in the fascia (connective tissue) and muscles faster and easier. This is the epitome of relaxing.
- Reduce stress
- Reduce anxiety
- Increase mental clarity and focus
- Increases the circulation of the blood, thereby increasing the oxygen and nutrients tthe cells
- Increases the circulation of the lymph and aids in the removal of metabolic wastes
- Restores metabolic balance
- Increases joint mobility and fascia (connective tissue) mobility
- Relaxes fascia and muscles, thereby decreasing pain
ORTHOPEDIC MASSAGE / PAIN MANAGEMENT
You can think of this as a much less painful way to release the trigger points that are causing you pain. Orthopedic massage is an all-encompassing massage technique that uses a multidisciplinary approach to isolate the missing link in reoccurring chronic pain and musculoskeletal dysfunctions. The 12-step approach focuses on assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation. Training by International Lecturer and Author, James Waslaski. An in depth assessment isolates the muscle, fascia and/or joint which is causing the problem.
- Step 1: Take an accurate and informative client history
- Step 2: Assess the active range of motion
- Step 3: Assess the passive range of motion
- Step 4: Assess the resisted range of motion
Treatment is specific to the results of the assessment, and may include techniques from Myofascial Release (release of connective tissue), Neuromuscular Therapy (trigger point therapy), Sports Massage (PNF stretching), Cranio sacral Therapy (muscle energy), or any other modality that is indicated by the assessment.
- Step 5: Tissue preparation
- Step 6: Release of the myofascial tension surrounding the muscles (Myofascial Release)
- Step 7: Address trigger points in the affected muscles (Neuromuscular Massage Therapy)
- Step 8: Breaking up scar tissue adhesions (Multi-Directional Friction)
- Step 9: Aligning the scar tissue so it becomes functional in the muscle (Scar Tissue Alignment)
Rehabilitation is the neuromuscular reeducation of the tissues and nerves. If your have not been able to raise your arm over your head for the last 2 years, your brain will subconsciously restrict the motion even though the physiological restriction has been removed. By continually repeating the motion, you will convince your brain that the movement is OK while also increasing the amount of synovial fluid (joint lubricant) in the joint. Rehabilitation also includes patient home care.
- Step 10: Pain free movement
- Step 11: Pain free stretching
- Step 12: Pain free strengthening
What Will Orthopedic Massage Help? Any soft tissue dysfunction:
- Neck – whiplash, Stiff neck, Head posture, cervical disk pathology
- Shoulder – Thoracic outlet syndrome, Frozen shoulder, Rotator cuff tears, Shoulder impingement, Misaligned shoulders
- Elbow / Wrist / Hand – Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Degenerative arthritis
- Back – Lordosis, Kyphosis, Scoliosis, Lumbar disk pathology, Spondylolysis, Facet joint irritation
- Hip and Pelvis – Pelvic tilt, Sacroiliac (SI) joint dysfunction, Quadradis Femorous syndrome, Low back pain, Sciatica
- Knee – Patella problems, , Knee alignment problems, Locked knees, Ligament problems
- Lower Leg –Shin splints, Anterior compartment syndrome (ASC), stress fractures, muscle cramping, Lace bite
- Ankle - Achilles tendonitis, Ankle sprains and strains, Tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Foot – Plantar fasciitis, Calcaneal misalignments, Fallen and high arches
For more information: http://www.orthomassage.net/published_articles
Sports massage is designed to reduce injuries, alleviate inflammation, and speed up recovery after an athletic event.
Basic Maintenance and Rehabilitation
- PNF stretching - Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
- Combines muscle contraction and relaxation with passive and partner-assisted stretching
- Originally developed as a form of rehabilitation, and to that effect it is very effective
- Widely regarded as the best method to increase overall flexibility (range of motion), as well as muscular strength
- Quick treatments used as part of your warm-up to increase your circulation and flexibility
RAIN DROP TECHNIQUE
A method of integrating essential oils on the instep of the feet and along the spine to bring structural and electrical alignment. It is designed to bring balance to the body with its relaxing and mild application. It will help align the energy centers of the body and release them if blocked, without using hard pressure or trying to force the body to change. The sequence of essential oils used includes Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Cypress, Wintergreen, Marjoram, Peppermint, Lavender,Spruce, Blue Tansey, rosewood and Frankincense. Some of these are blends and can not be excluded. Please be aware of any allergies or sensitivity to any of these oils prior to treatment.
Designed to move lymph through the circulatory system with extremely light, circular pumping movements that relax the nervous system and boost the immune response. By increasing the lymphatic flow up to three times it's normal amount, the therapist helps drain puffy, swollen tissues, helps the body heal from surgery and flushes waste product from the body.
Manual Lymph Drainage should have a soothing, relaxing rhythmic quality and effect. It can be used as an integrated experience with other massage modalities or as a focused whole body treatment.
A light touch non-massage modality which allows the client to remain clothed and receive energy also know as qi or chi for balance and well-being. The energy is supportive toward body, mind, and spirit alignment.
A side-lying massage designed for the condition of expecting. It aids to ease stress and tension, especially the feet and lower back. The massage feels similiar to swedish massage with no pointed pressure.